The internet is exploding right now, more people than ever before are looking for website hosting reviews to help them make a business decision, as thousands of new websites spring up every day.
These hosting reviews can provide a great deal of information because attempting to evaluate a large number of hosting options will take up a great deal of time. The most important things to understand are the vital components that are a part of good and reliable hosting.
What is the best hosting site? Where can I get the cheapest hosting? How do I setup domain hosting? These are just a few questions you may be asking yourself right now. Don’t worry though- this post will help you find the best website hosting reviews and determine how helpful they really are in your decision.
Website Hosting Reviews- Tips to Find the Best Ones
Any really good review of domain hosting sites will include some of the following information:
- Server uptime guarantee – In most cases a good web host will guarantee server uptime of 99%, and some will even guarantee an uptime of 99.9%.
- This is a very critical aspect in web hosting since it will allow a website to grant access to the customers and clients at all times. A website that frequently goes down will lose customers and clients, and in the end will negatively impact the revenue generated by the business.
- Bandwidth and Storage Allocation – This is unlimited in some plans while in others the specific limitations are stated for each hosting plan.
- Customer Service – This is yet another critical aspect of web hosting. The state of the art customer service will provide 24/7/365 coverage for hosting clients. The support team will be reachable very easily by phone, chat and email.
- Price comparisons - Because domain hosting can cost anywhere from $1.99 a month to over $39.99 a month, you should be able to see what’s what.
- When you look at these, remember that the website hosting reviews might always point you towards the more expensive hosting. While a lot of the time it is better, you can get great hosting for just 7 or 8 dollars a month.
- Past performance - What’s the track record of this domain hosting site? Do they have a long, well-respected history? Any good website hosting review will display some of this information. After all, you don’t want a site that just got opened and has just a few employees!
- Security and backups - How secure is your website- or you’re client’s website? You would hate to have someone hack into it, right? Most of the good website hosting reviews will talk to this issue.
- If you don’t have a secure hosting, then you might be setting yourself up for heartache. Providing regular backups to website files is another aspect of providing adequate security.
- Money-back guarantee - If the site doesn’t have one, don’t work with them! Your website hosting review should tell you if they do or not. When a hosting site offers a money back guarantee it shows that the host has a great deal of confidence in his service.
Typical Features of Website Hosting Sites
Common Components – Generally, website hosting will include a control panel, as for example the award winning cpanel, that allows the handling of very complex hosting tasks with just a few clicks of the mouse.
Some of these tasks include creation of email accounts, manipulation and deletion of files, backup and recovery tasks, statistics of website traffic, scripts such as Fantastico and Simplescripts that allow for the installation of CMS platform such as WordPress.
In most cases support will be given for different databases like MS SQL Server, and software development tools like PHP and Java. With these components interfaces can be constructed between the website user interface and the business applications in the backend.
Hosting Plans – These plans can vary a great deal and the hosting client chooses between them depending on the particular needs of his website. The different plans include shared hosting plan where the server will be shared by hundreds or thousands of hosting clients, colocation hosting which is a type of dedicated hosting but the clients can provide their own servers if they wish, dedicated hosting where a hosting client has full control of a certain server, and re-seller hosting where a client can partition the space he is allocated on the plan and use these to sell hosting space to others.
That’s pretty much it for the basics. I hope these tips help you when you start looking at website hosting reviews, this site does offer up to date reviews from the major web hosts on the planet.
All of our reviews are up to date and we revise them as time goes on, unlike many of those other sites. Have a look at our top 10 web hosting picks for some insight, we think some are better than others, but each one is very good in its own right.